Sunday 4 November 2012

Another fine day behind the wheel

Driving cab today started out just spiffy. I was getting good trips, making good money and having a good time, then noon came around and all of that changed.

The dispatch terminal in my car decided it no longer wishes to talk to the dispatch server at the office. So I sat there, for an hour, watching trips be dispatched to everyone but ME! A very painful event in any taxi drivers life. I called up dispatch and she confirmed that yes, cars were being dispatched in my place. She then proceeded to track down the problem and was unable. Finally someone in the office said "DO THE MICROSOFT". For those of you out there who are not blessed with Mircosoft, this is what you do to fix about 90% of the problems you will encounter

TURN IT ALL OFF. COUNT TO 100. TURN IT ALL BACK ON.

Well, I did the MICROSOFT and was immediately rewarded with a trip. YEAH, only 2  hours wasted.

Then no one got trips, anywhere, for an hour. No one in this town needed to go anywhere. Bummer.

Ah well, some days you make a killing, some days it is only a mild beating.

Speaking of beating, I have been, am totally wiped, and am heading for a pre dinner snooze.

Here is to hoping tomorrow is a bit better


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment